How To Access and Customize Grade Center
How to Make the Grade Center Accessible
To make the Grade Center accessible to as many people as possible, the Grade Center has two different modes, Interactive and Screen Reader.
Interactive Mode: Grade Center default setting. You can freeze columns and type grades directly in the cells—called inline editing.
Screen Reader Mode: Grade Center data appears in a simplified grid. The table is static and you type grades on the Grade Details page accessed from the cell’s contextual menu. You cannot freeze columns or edit inline, making it easier to navigate by keystroke and accommodate screen readers. When the Grade Center is first accessed by users with screen readers, users are immediately given a choice whether to use this non-interactive view before progressing any further.
In both modes, you can do the following:
- Move the mouse pointer from column to column using the tab key.
- Navigate the cells using the up, down, left, and right arrow keys on a standard keyboard.
Use the following steps to change to “Screen Reader Mode”
- Access the contextual menu for the Grade Center heading.
- Click Turn Screen Reader Mode on.
- Image illustrating associated text.
This setting is not saved across sessions. It lasts only as long as the current session. After you log out, the view defaults back to Interactive Mode.