Copying Content From One Course To Another
Access the course you want to copy & Select the appropriate option
- Copy Course Materials into a New Course
- Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course
- Copy Course with Users (Exact Copy)
In the Destination Course ID box, type a course ID for the new course that will be created and populated with content from the current course. Make sure that the new course ID matches the naming convention used at your institution. Also, the course ID cannot include spaces or characters other than numbers and letters (A-Z), dash (-), underscore (_), and period (.). The course ID must be unique and remain static. After you create the copied course, you cannot edit the course ID.
If you choose Copy Course Materials into a New Course or Copy Materials into an Existing Course, select the course materials that you want to copy over to the new or existing course.
A course copy operation cannot be completed if you do not select at least one of the following areas: Content, Contacts, or Settings. If you do not select one of these options, a warning appears and Blackboard Learn cannot create a new course.
In the File Attachments section, select the option to copy links to:
- Copy Links to Course Files: No copies of linked files are included in the copy. The copied course will have the same set of links and those links will point back to the original location of the link defined in the origin course.
- Copy links and copies of the content: This will make copies of linked files, but ONLY those files that are linked. Files within the course’s home folder that are not linked to any content within the course are not included in the copy.
- Copy links and copies of the content (include entire course home folder): This will make copies of ALL files in the course’s home folder regardless of whether those files are linked to course content.
We need manage permission on an item to include copies of those files. If you do not have this permission, you may be missing some files after the copy.
Select the Folder for Content Collection Files, if applicable.
- Select Enrollments to copy the list of users in the course. User records, such as discussion board posts, grades, and assessment attempts will not be copied. User records are only copied if you select the Copy Course with Users (Exact Copy) option.
- Click Submit.